Is chemically equivalent DOW CORNING® Z-6020 SILANE. Aminoethylaminopropyltrimethoxysilane - H2NC2H4NHC3H6-Si(OCH3)3 Coupling agent for many thermoset and thermoplastic resins with glass or mineral fillers.
• Coupling agent
• Improved adhesion
• Increased wet and dry tensile strength and modulus to the composite
• Increased wet and dry flexural strength and modulus to the composite
• Increased wet and dry compressive strength
• Improved compatibility between inorganic filler and organic polymer
• XIAMETER® OFS-6020 Silane has been found to be an effective coupling agent for clay reinforced elastomers such as natural and nitrile rubber. The silane-treated clay provides improvement in both physical and dynamic properties compared to similar cured elastomers containing untreated clay.
• XIAMETER OFS-6020 Silane has been reported to be an effective coupling agent for mineral reinforced nylon 6, nylon 6/6 and polybutyleneterephthalate
Fiberglass reinforced phenolic, melamine and epoxy thermoset composites, either as fiberglass finish or as resinous additive.
• As an additive to improve the performance of these types of thermoset resins when they are used as mineral binders in foundry and abrasive composite APPLICATIONS.
• Coupling agent for phenolic, melamine and other organic resins used as binders for glass and mineral wood insulation, abrasives and molding components.